On behalf of the organizing committee, we invite you join us in Fukuoka, Japan from November 3-5, 2016 for 3rd Asian Symposium on Healthcare Without Borders. It is hoped that this intersection of disciplines will bridge the access to healthcare differences between developed and developing nations, and foster global health security.
About HWB 2016
Welcome to the 3rd Asian Symposium on Healthcare Without Borders. We are delighted to hold our 2016 event in Fukuoka, Japan, which was recently rated as one of the greenest and most sustainable cities in the world. Last year’s event was held in Hiroshima during the 70th Peace Memorial Ceremony and attracted more than 100 participants from 40 countries.
Our theme for this year is Focus on the Future, which is an apt theme when considering that globalization across Asia has brought about vast improvement in the health care industry with some traditional health metrics, such as infant mortality rate and infectious disease rate among others, decreasing while life expectancy across the board is increasing. However, this rosy and simplified view masks the sharp health care disparities underlying Asian nations as well as the diverse challenges they face.
How can we ensure the equitable and efficient allocation of health-related resources across all Asia to meet basic needs and emergencies? What role can policy makers play in creating affordable universal health care?
With the theme Focus on the Future, it is hoped that today’s challenges in health care can be met with viable global solutions. Thus we welcome you to join us for this exciting 3-day symposium to share, learn and network as well as to explore the culture, history, food and magic of Fukuoka!
We welcome abstracts of 250 words in English by Friday, September 30, 2016 on any of the streams below:
- Access to Healthcare in Developing Countries
- Aging Health Issues in Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Biodiversity and Human Health
- Dental Health and Oral Health
- e-health, m-Health and Telemedicine
- Health Economics and Policy, Healthcare Management
- Medical and Biomedical Sciences
- Mental Health, Public Health and Sexual Health
- Nursing Practice and Education
- Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy
- Pharmacy, Pharmacology and Drug Development
- Preventive Healthcare and Palliative Care
- Other Areas of Healthcare (Please Specify)
Important Dates and Deadlines
- HWB 2016 will be held November 3-5, 2016
- Final Submissions are due Friday, September 30, 2016
- Early Registration is available until Friday, August 26, 2016
- Final Registration for presenters is Friday, Ocotober 7, 2016
- HWB Schedule will be posted by Monday, October 10, 2016
- Full Paper (optional) must be received by Friday, October 21, 2016
- Virtual Presenter Data must be received by Friday, October 21, 2016
- Deadlines and the Presenter Schedule
- The Final Program Schedule will be available by Monday October 10, 2016.